Kubica completed 115 laps in a 2012 Lotus decked out in Renault livery in a private test on Tuesday, in what was his first F1 outing since suffering career-changing injuries in a rallying accident six years ago.
The Polish star was preparing for his second campaign with the then-Lotus (now Renault) team in 2011 when he severely injured his right arm in a crash whilst participating in an Italian rally during the F1 off-season.
Kubica completed a full race simulation in a 2012 auto during a private test at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia.
After Tuesday's running was complete, Renault posted a series of photos and videos from the team's official Twitter account.
On Tuesday, Kubica was back at the Valencia circuit, this time driving the Lotus E20 from the 2012 F1 season - now a Renault show vehicle, used by several of its junior drivers. His collaboration with Renault was abruptly cut short, while we saw a bright future for him.
The 32-year-old told Renault: "I would like to thank those who made this moment possible, I hope it was a good experience for everyone and it may have reminded some memories to some!" Renault has said it was just a one-off, and Kubica said he had "mixed feelings" about the day, saying: "I am proud with what I achieved today, but also it shows what I have lost".
"I don't know what the future will bring but I ran with good pace and consistently in hard conditions". It was not obvious after six years, I knew I could get there and I can be satisfied.
The crash left Kubica with limited movement in his right arm and fingers, hampering his ability to turn the steering wheel of a F1 auto. I appreciate the opportunity.
Renault reserve driver Sergey Sirotkin is also scheduled to drive the auto in Valencia, perhaps to set a benchmark time.
He spoke earlier this year of his desire to test an F1 vehicle but admitted at the time that "testing a Formula One auto is one thing, but a race weekend is something totally different".